Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Welcome to The Frugal Foodie!

How lucky am I? I've been given the chance to combine two of the things that give me my favorite cheap thrills - cooking and saving money - into a fabulous new cookbook. And, to keep the ideas and conversation going - I've started this blog.

My first cookbook The Party Girl Cookbook was written 1998. Back then I was newly married and kidless, the streets were paved with dot-com gold, and a young Ben Stiller taught us how to laugh. I had plenty of time and money for parties that included elaborate themes, silly costumes and the inevitable next-day hangovers.

Now, in 2009, like most of us I'm striving to make ends meet, faced un- and under-employment, and am looking to save a buck wherever I can. I've also added a kid to the equation and am always on the lookout for healthy, nutritious meals that the Young Master Picky, Mr. Meat & Potatoes and Ms. Frugal Foodie will all enjoy and won't break the bank.

It's been so fun and satisfying to discover and develop new recipes, find lots of little ways to cut spending without sacrificing a yummy lifestyle, and share it all in the book and blog.

Let's have delicious fun saving dough together!






Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment